Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I replaced the black ink cartriage, but it st6ill says to

Customer Question

I replaced the black ink cartriage , but it st6ill says to replace black in k cartridge
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MFC j470dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this happened before. The pop up says running low on black ink and reolace with brother brand 101
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 2 months ago.

Ink cartridges cannot be detected error means that either a cartridge is not clicked in correctly, the chip is dirty, faulty, or the chip contacts (in printer) are damaged.
Try following the steps below to determine which it is. Make sure the printer is powered on - unless advised otherwise.
1) Brother "ink cartridges cannot be detected" error can simply mean that the cartridges are not clicked in properly. Non genuine cartridge and particularly CISS cartridge can need a fair amount of force when installing - more than Brother genuine cartridges.

2) Remove all the cartridges and inspect the cartridge chip and also the area on the printer where the cartridge sits. If dirty or inky, wipe it with damp tissue then polish with dry. Fit cartridge back in printer.
Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
excellent

Is your problem solved?

If yes, then please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.