Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have a canon mx472 printer when I am viewing a email and

Customer Question

I have a canon mx472 printer when I am viewing a email and want to use the clip feature to print a certain portion of the message the clip feature returns the message to the top of the page and will only let me scroll down one third of the page making it impossible to clip the section of the message I want to print. The clip feature lets me scroll down to the bottom of the page on no email pages. Any ideas?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It has always done this. The printer is less than 2 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Toshiba. Windows 7 64 bit
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since I purchased the printer. Nothing unusual happened prior to this happening
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 27 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what it is that you are referring when you refer to the "Clip Feature"?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The clip feature allows to box in a certain portion of the text of the message and print that portion only instead of the entire message

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  Robert M. replied 26 days ago.

i am not sure where you are getting this clip feature. Do you know what program it is from or at least how you access it?

But it may be having a problem if you are using a web based email program. In that case you are not just looking at text but at an html or flash page and the clip will pick up a lot more than just the text