I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The problem is known to occur after updating to Windows 10. There is an update that Canon put out to fix this problem.
You may download the updated fix from the following page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/imageclass-mf5950dw/imageclass-mf5950dw
- On the aforementioned page, click the Drivers & Downloads link.
- Click the Select button for the following item: [Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan
- Put a check in the box that says, "I have read and agree to..."
- Click the Download button.
- Download, save, and open that file.
Once it is installed, you will be all set.
One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again, - Jason
In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"
My Profile page:http://JasonFixedit.com