Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

My HP 4620 Product No CZ152A won't feed paper to print. My

Customer Question

My HP 4620 Product No CZ152A won't feed paper to print. My husband has taken the bottom off and found two loose springs I have taken a photo but can't insert it into this space. If you can give me an email address I can email it to you.Thanking youJanet *************
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 26 days ago.

the springs probably go to lift part of the tray so that the paper is raised high enough for the pickup rollers to move them into the printer.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 26 days ago.

sorry is that an officejet ?

that would not have a paper tray that sophisticated. They might belong on some rollers that lock down on the paper as it goes through.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
On removing the base of the Officejet printer two identical displaced springs were lying near the paper rollers. The springs are approx. 5 cm long and have a small black plastic bucket about 5mm wide and 1 cm long attached to near the end of the spring. What is the function of these springs and where do they attach to the printer?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 24 days ago.

I just can't tell you without seeing it somehow. I am sorry. I can't find a schematic for that printer.

there are several parts that have springs as part of the part

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have given up and bought a new printer.
Thanks anyway