Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Printer showing not on line, xp410 Epson--3yrs old, i

Customer Question

Printer showing not on line
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: xp410 Epson--3yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: i mac---10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ! week maybe haven't needed to print that often Also shoeing ink level low
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats the current status
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N