Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I suffered the infamous MS Windows 10 upgrade this morning.

Customer Question

I suffered the infamous MS Windows 10 upgrade this morning. Guess what? Just like last time, a bunch of apps don't work. Thanks MS. I tried to reinstall the drivers for my MFC-J65 10DW from the CD, but get a message that the CD does not have the drivers compatible with my system. I presume that to mean nor for Windows 10.
What do I do now?
Doug J
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What Windows version did your computer have before this morning, such as Windows 7 or 8, etc.? Or did it also have Windows 10 previously?

Besides the printer issue, what else is not working on your computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not tonight. It is 21:50 PDT. I will make contact in the morning. JDJ

OK. Let me provide some solutions you can try tomorrow. Please try each of the following solutions until it works for you:

Solution #1:

- For fixing the printer issue, please click on the Brother website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6510dw_all&os=10013&dlid=dlf004587_000&flang=8&type3=11

, then there, click on "Agree to the EULA and Download" at the bottom in order to download / install the latest printer Driver & Software

, then check printing.

Solution #2:

- Reverse the update (the latest Microsoft Windows update causes issues with some older computer models):

1. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Settings (or click on the gear / wheel icon.)
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and i on the computer's keyboard, then the Settings window should open.)
  2. Then click on option Update & security.
  3. Then click on option Recovery.
  4. Then there, under the section Go back to an earlier build, click on Get started, and follow the steps there in order to go back to the previous Windows build version, and continue.
  5. Then check printing / apps.

- Note: This option is only available for 10 days after you do the recent update. So please use this solution as soon as possible if the first Solution #1 above is not working for you.

Solution #3:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window should open. Then select the option Choose a different restore point at bottom, if shown. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

Solution #4:

3. Then click on option Recovery.
  4. Then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version 7, or 8, or 8.1, if available, and continue.

Can you please try the steps above tomorrow morning? If needed, can I continue with you tomorrow at noon time or later? Optional: I can also connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly on your computer for you.

Tomorrow, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,