Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

How do I fix or cleer code 6000 on my printer MX922

Customer Question

Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 28 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Error code 6000 is a line feed error. It indicates an error in LF encoder signal. It is caused due to smearing or scratches on the LF / EJ slit film.
LF / EJ slit film and the LF / EJ timing sensor unit needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

If your unit is under warranty then I will suggest you to immediately contact Canon and tell them that your printer is showing error 6000. There is high chance that you will get your printer replaced free of cost. Canon offers a one year warranty on the MX-922, and lifetime telephone support.