Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I've had my printer xp-430 for 3 weeks and the last week it

Customer Question

I've had my printer xp-430 for 3 weeks and the last week it keeps saying I need to replace the ink all of them. I print in grayscale and am using 288xl black so I would expect it to print more than 9 pages. It doesn't seem empty. Its costing me time and money to keep replacing these cartridges. Any ideas?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson Expression Home xp-430.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 10 pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: everything was great, printing about 200 pgs a week. Suddenly changed the ink but it keeps saying it low.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Ultimately, you will have to replace the cartridges, all of them.

The issue here is that the printer when new comes with a cartridge that is only partly filled, just enough to get the system up and running.

Even if you are not printing in color, the color ink is still used for normal maintenance procedure of priming and cleaning the head which happens automatically, so they do get used up, and the more you print black, the more it will run the overall cleaning process and still use the colors too.

If the printer is only a few weeks old, you may be better off returning it and buying a different model. A black only laser, if you don't need color, is quite inexpensive and will give you a lot more print mileage for your money. I can recommend some options for you if you'd like, but otherwise you will need to replace the inks when it prompts you too. You'll only be able to get by a short while ignoring it before the printer will shut down and refuse to function until they are replaced.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.