John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer. a Few days ago it got a

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer. a Few days ago it got a piece of paper badly jammed. I opened it every way I could, and took the paper out in bits and pieces. After I did that, I printed a twenty page document, just fine. Now it won't print. The black head was empty, colors low, so I installed new cartridges-brother brand.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 2+ years old. MFC-J825DWAll if prints are a series of the square dots on the upper right corner of the paper, (like it does on
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: :Like it does on a test print--but only in red with a little of a dark color. It prints a S/N U62901A3F359145 near the bottom.Driving from a 6 yer old Mac Book Pro, with OS-X 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just this week I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer. a Few days ago it got a piece of paper badly jammed. I opened it every way I could, and took the paper out in bits and pieces.After I did that, I printed a twenty page document, just fine. Now it won't print. The black head was empty, colors low, so I installed new cartridges-brother brand.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's about 2+ years old. MFC-J825DWAll if prints are a series of the square dots on the upper right corner of the paper, (like it does on :Like it does on a test print--but only in red with a little of a dark color. It prints a S/N U62901A3F359145 near the bottom.Driving from a 6 yer old Mac Book Pro, with OS-X 10.11.6 OK.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Please try disconnecting the power cable from your printer for about ten minutes and then reconnecting it and turning on the power. Please let me know if that corrects the problem. If not, we will reset the printer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already did that. It didn't help at all.Now what. All the mechanical parts work fine. Paper feeds, seems to want to print, but ink is not coming through the print head. I get a faint red partial print but if I set it to black & white, I get nothing. Everything acts fine except the prints don't come out. Nothing makes it print. I checked the settings on my MacBook Pro and it is the chosen printer. It was working and just quit (when the black cartridge ran out.)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look, nothing helps, and your responses are so slow and hard to find, JUST FORGET IT. CHARGE THE $5.00 AND THAT'S IT. I AM VERY UNSATISFIED.... YOUR SYSTEM MADE ME SIGN UP TWICE FOR TWO DIFFERENT FEES. PLEASE BE SURE THAT BOTH ARE CANCELLED OUT.