TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I have a hp envy 5660 and there was an up grade done on my

Customer Question

I have a hp envy 5660 and there was an up grade done on my windows 10 since then I lost my printing error 1722 windows printer spooler could not be started. I tried starting it but no luck and now shows error 1068.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is two years old and it is a hp envy 5660
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it is a hp lap top with windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it stopped printing on Monday nov. 26 right after the update was installed
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just need to get the printer working again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Please give me just a moment to thoroughly review your question.

Joe, was the upgrade a minor upgrade or was it a major upgrade (from Windows 7 or 8 to windows 10)? If you upgraded from one operating system, like 7 or 8 to another (like 10), then you will more than likely need to uninstall all of the HP software, unplug the printer, and restart the computer. After you've logged back in, please click the link below to download the Windows 10 driver for your printer. Plug the printer back in when the software begins to search for the printer. When installation is complete you shoudl be able to print without any problems.

If you'd like I can connect remotely and do this for you. Or if you'd prefer, please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.