Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Vertical lines with EpsonR3000 printer, r3000, 18 months

Customer Question

vertical lines with EpsonR3000 printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: r3000, 18 months old, Epson
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac, I have also cleaned the heads and done realignment
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing that I know of, got one good picture yesterday,then this problem began
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This is a very annoying problem, but unfortunately, all the inkjet printer users face this problem . This problem is caused due to severe clogging to the printhead nozzles or due to damage to them, due to usage. Now, as you have already tried the normal cleaning process along with alignment and did not get any good result. The solution for this problem is flushing the printhead with the help of a printhead cleaning kit. You can get the kit from any local computer shop or from the link below. From my experience with the printers, I can tell you that almost 95% problem, related to the printhead get solve by flushing. Please let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R3000-Printhead-Cleaning-Kit-Everything-Included-480BCK-/131053256700?hash=item1e8361fffc:g:Xu0AAMXQWzNSjnGz