JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a brand new Xpress C1860FW, and I am ready to use it,

Customer Question

I have a brand new Xpress C1860FW, and I am ready to use it, but the paper tray will not open. I have struggled with it for days, but it will not open more than about three inches. I can see the paper size adjusters in the back, which are pushed to the center, so paper will not slide in, and I see no way to adjust them. Is this a defective unit, or am I missing something?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I believe i can help you. i am sending a link to you for your model. On that link there is a 'download manual' button toward the

bottom. click download.

it is pretty much instant. When that manual opens, go to page 50 of the manual (not in your search for page at the top. 50 of the

actual document you are reading. They are numbered)

You will see your tray and it will show you a pic of a little button you have to push to pull it out.

The link i am leaving you also has your warranty information incase this is a defective, machine,

but it seems that button was not metnioned in your question. Which leads me to believe this is where we start,

and possibly end. Let me know how it goes and we can continue from there if needed.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/printers/color-multifunction/samsung-multifunction-printer-xpress-c1860fw-sl-c1860fw-xaa/

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply to my question, however the button you indicated only lets the tray extend from letter to legal length. It does not affect the actual pulling out of the drawer. It is only when I extend the drawer to the legal length that it will open far enough to even see inside it slightly.
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. You need to make sure that your printer is placed on a flat surface. If the surface distorts from the weight of the printer, it can catch on the bottom of the tray and interfere with the opening of the tray. It may help to pull the printer forward to the edge of the surface, or even slightly past the edge, to prevent the tray from catching on the surface.

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!