Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Recently I have not been able to connect to my Cannon Pixar

Customer Question

Recently I have not been able to connect to my Cannon Pixar MG2920 to print photos from my iPhone. The setup is to use my wifi. I'm at a loss here. The message I am receiving is: "Cannot communicate with the printer"
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Besides your iphone, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not used any of our computers for printing except we have used our iPad.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

The only reason I ask, is because its usually easier to check and see if the printer is connected to your home wireless network using a computer.

With that being said, your printer does not support airprint.. As you can see on this page, its not listed as an airprint compatible model

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

However, as long as the printer is connected to your home wireless network, and as long as your iphone or ipad is connected to your home wireless network.. You should be able to use the canon print app to print. You can get the canon print app here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/canon-print-inkjet-selphy/id664425773?mt=8

If you install that app on your iphone or ipad and use it.. Using that app, it should be able to print to your printer.

It is a bit limited though, and this page will show you the types of files it can print and how to print them.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/software/mobile-solutions/cmp-ios

On that page, you want to click the how to use tab. It will outline the methods in which you can print.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see and now understand why you had asked. Yes, my iPhone and iPad and the printer are all conneceted to my home wireless. I have the cannon app installed and I've used the app to print my photos from my iPhone with the printer. It's only recently that I can't get a connection but everything else is working (scan and print, wifi is working on my phone, iPad and tv.)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The orinter shows that it has a wifi connection. Just can't get a connection between my phone and the printer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Understood.. This can usually be cured by the following.. Lets try all steps on one device first, phone or ipad.

First, go to settings, network, and tap reset network settings. Then, press and hold the sleep/ wake and the home button for 15 seconds till the apple logo shows and the device turns off. Then release the buttons. If the ipad doesnt turn back on by itself, press the sleep wake button to turn it on normally.. Once booted, go to settings, wifi, and reconnect to your wifi network.

Then, see if the canon print app can see your printer. If not, uninstall the canon print app, and then reinstall it.

Then turn the idevice off and back on again and see if the canon print app can see the printer.

If this works for one device, repeat those steps on the other i device. Whatever the results, please let me know in detail so I can assist you further or please reply and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

Dustin S.