Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Printer keeps saying (unable 08)....turn off the power and

Customer Question

printer keeps saying (unable 08)....turn off the power and turn back on... but every time I do that it says the same thing
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DCP-L254ODW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Brother
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For one week.. I Have had the printer for one year.. bought it plan new.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 28 days ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I don't know if you will like my honest answer or not because the error code in a laser printer indicates a mechanical problem inside the printer, which means some parts needs to be replaced and most probably some gear or pinion is broken or damaged and due to that the rollers or other parts cannot move properly. Now, you can try to remove the toner cartridges and then reinstall them to see if there is any change or not. But, from my experience, it will be better to take the printer to any repair shop, because honestly speaking unless the printer is completely dismantled and checked physically no one can say, what is exactly broken. I am extremely sorry for this answer, but I have to provide you the true facts. Please let me know if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.