Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have an IX 6820 It is saying I have an error in

Customer Question

I have an IX 6820 It is saying I have an error in communication and will not print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any strange light / indicator on the printer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this web page. Please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from your iMac desktop computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.
  7. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect your Canon printer. If yes, then select your Canon printer, and add it.
  8. Then see if you can print now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

If needed, turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on. Then try the 8-step process above again.

Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

If needed, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the printing issue directly on your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,