John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have a Ricoh MPC4501 in our church office. Wondering if

Customer Question

We have a Ricoh MPC4501 in our church office. Wondering if there is a way to shut off the colour printing capability?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Ricoh Aficio MP C4501 We rent it from a small supply store in our community. Not sure how old it is.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Operating System - Windows 10?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We can print in colour. The problem is our colour copies are way up which costs a bundle with no way to police it. Wondering if there is a way to lock the colour
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wondering if it is possible to turn the colour to black and white unless a code is put in?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

From <http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/201bd021eea84a2cac4acfd612fa3cee>

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Are you facing excessive color printing from computers on your network, or is it color copying that is primarily the problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mostly computers on the network but as well colour copying
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

If you have control over all the computers on the network, you can enter a user code into each driver and set the default to B/W. However, this solution will not be practical if you have users with their own laptop computers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry, I thought this was only going to cost $5
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

No, that is just a deposit. You would be expected to pay for the research if a solution to your problem were found.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Each of the users would be connecting with their own laptop. Thank you very much for your help
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Do you want more help, or are you politely completing our conversation today?

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

I got it. You are welcome. And thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you still need help with this?
There is a simple way to adjust the administrator settings of the machine to restrict functions to black only for individual users.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.