Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Im trying to connect it wirless trhough the canon wirless

Customer Question

Im trying to connect it wirless trhough the canon wirless app through my samsung s7 i tried on my surafce 2 tablet but wasnt working either so i thought id have better luck on my phone
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I literally just bought it from the store an hour ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Microsoft surface 2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing popped up just wont pick up my printer when i wirless scan for it
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure the printer is a pixma MG2920
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Printing from your computer and printing from you smartphone are unrelated. I can help you print from your computer in this Printers category. If you want assistance printing from your smartphone, please submit another question in the Android devices category.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ill try from my tablet thanks

Do you want assistance printing from your Microsoft Surface 2? Is that what you mean by your tablet? What is your operating system?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Surface 2 tablet

I can help you with that. Please go to Start > Settings > Devices and select Add A Device.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ive done this and it dodsnt find the device

Okay. I was getting to that. So when you select Canon, if the MG2920 is not listed, do you see an option to search for it on the internet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope

Let's take a different approach. Can you open the Control Panel on your Windows RT Surface 2 tablet? You can search for it in the apps search box.

I have searched for your printer drivers online, and I regret to tell you this, but Canon does not support your Windows RT operating system for the Pixma MG2920 printer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hmmm annoyed guess im buying the wire. The guy at the store said it did ��������

What store?

Who told you that, someone at Canon or someone at Microsoft?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Walmart

The Surface 3 and the Surface Pro 2 and 3 support Windows 8.1, which Canon supports, but the Surface 2 has Windows RT, which is unsupported.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah, could i print through my samsung s7 ? I have a huge projevt due tomorrow

Yes. I can show you how you can print from your Samsung Galaxy S7.

Download and install the Canon Print Service app from the Google Play store.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done

I am looking up your printer manual now. Please standby...

I just found support for your tablet in the Canon manuals. I am researching how to connect your printer to either your smartphone or your tablet now.

What device are you connected to this conversation with? Is it wireless? Do you have a WPS button on your wireless router?

Let's just connect using the smartphone first. Press and hold the WiFi button until the Alarm lamp flashes twice. Then release. Make sure that the Alarm lamp flashes quickly and the On lamp is lit. Select this link for an illustration:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Tutorial/MG2900%20series/EN/TRL/trl-9000.html

Return to the application screen and proceed with the setup.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just did it

To print from the smartphone, please download and install a different Canon app from the Google Play store, the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.

Open the app on your smartphone and follow the illustrated guide provided by selecting the following link:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-setup.html?lang=en&type=setup&area=us&model=mg29&os=a

How are you doing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Didnt find it trying to connect manually

Didn't find what?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My printer

Did you select Register Printer in Step 5?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No because my printer isnt appearing

That is when you are supposed to skip Step 4 and jump to Step 5.

Then, if your printer does not appear after Step 5, you are supposed to go to Step 7.

What is your status now?

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!