Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have a HP Photosmart 6510 and put in a new black ink .the

Customer Question

I have a HP Photosmart 6510 and put in a new black ink .the machine takes the paper but NO print! The paper comes out with no copy! I never have had this problem! I also looked nat the settings and tried a darker black no results!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you have aligned the printhead after installing mew cartridge.

1. From the home screen, touch the Setup icon, and then touch Tools.
  2. Touch the Down Arrow, and then touch Align Printer. The alignment page prints.
  3. If alignment fails, please try cleaning the printhead as per the instructions below.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon ().

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead and then prints a test page.

4. Evaluate the print quality on the test page.

• If the quality is unacceptable, touch Proceed and then, when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for each cycle of cleaning, if necessary.

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

• If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done and then, continue to the next step to align the printer.

5. Evaluate the test page to see if the issue is resolved.

• If the print quality on the test page is acceptable, touch Done, and then continue to the next step to align the printer.

• If the print quality has not improved, skip to the solution to service the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!