Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

COMPUTER SENT OUT FOR REPAIR BUT THE SOFTWARE FOR THE

Customer Question

COMPUTER SENT OUT FOR REPAIR BUT THE SOFTWARE FOR THE PRINTER WAS NOT LOADED. THE PRINTER IS A HL2000DW
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HL2000DW, WIRELESS, ABOUT 5 YEARS
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: RUNNING WINDOWS 10, COMPUTER BUILT BY GRANDSON
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PICKED UP HE REPAIR LAST FRIDAY. REPAIR INCLUDED A NEW HARD DRIVE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ABOUT ALL
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the exact model number of your printer ?HL-2030, L-2040, HL-2070N etc

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HL-207ODW
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

The drivers are inbuilt on the Windows 10 OS. So lets try to add it manually without installing anything. Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, click Add Printer and follow the onscreen instructions to add your printer to your network.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

If that didn't work, then download and install the drivers from here --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2070n_all&os=10012&dlid=dlf102804_000&flang=4&type3=428

Go to the above link and click "Agree to EULA and Download". This will download some drivers. Open/run the download and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. After that, download and install the drivers from here as well --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2070n_all&os=93&dlid=dlf004299_000&flang=4&type3=11

Then press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, click Add Printer and follow the onscreen instructions to add your printer to your network.