Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you with.
Please try the following steps to see if this will resolve your issue.
1. Open the cover of the printer.
2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.
3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.
5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.
6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.
7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.
8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.
Let me know the results please.
I am here. I apologize. I was finishing up with another client. Please give me a moment to research other options and to type out instructions.
I understand. The next logical step would be to try to clean the printhead. You can run a built-in head cleaning utility IF you can get past the B200 error to do it. Please try this:
Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer
The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print headcleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.
The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:
1. Open the printer driver setup window
2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab
When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.
Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.
3. Execute cleaning
Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.
Print head cleaning starts.
• Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.
The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.
Check the results
To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.
If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.
• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.
Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.
Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.
2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab
When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.
Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.
3. Execute deep cleaning
Click OK when the confirmation message appears.
Print head deep cleaning starts.
• Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.
Complete deep cleaning
• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.
• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn. For details on the remedial action to be taken, see "Ink Is Not Ejected."
If you can't get the printhead cleaning utility to run because of the B200 print error, you can try to manually clean the printhead. The printhead may have partially dried out and a hot water flush of the PRINTHEAD may be necessary to help recover the ink system.
NOTE 1: This procedure should be considered “a last ditch effort” just prior to printhead replacement or printer replacement. You must have an adequate amount of ink available for the ink system recovery. For example, at least 30% of ink is available within each ink cartridge. This procedure should only be attempted after all other recovery suggestions have been exhausted.
NOTE 2: The PRINTHEAD cleaning procedure is applicable to all Canon MP, MG, MX & iP printer models which feature a removable PRINTHEAD assembly.
1. To begin, remove all ink cartridges from the printer.
2. Remove the printhead. Raise the carriage assembly lever to unlock the printhead. Lift printhead straight up to remove.
3. Over a sink, run warm tap water directly into the 5 or 6 ink ports for approximately 2 minutes — this will effectively saturate the foam ports and blow ink out & thru the printhead nozzle plate bottom.4. Using a lint-free towel, remove water from rear/bottom electrical contacts. Ensure printhead electrical contacts and exposed surfaces are fully dry.
5. Install the printhead into the printer. Lower carriage lever to lock printhead into place. NOTE: On select Canon printer models, after the print head is seated in the printhead holder, push the Head Set Lever towards the back of the machine to lock the printhead in place.
6. Install ink cartridges and close top cover.
7. Re-seating or insertion of the printhead into the printer will consume approximately 8-10% of the ink and effectively re-prime all colors in the ink system.
8. At printer’s maintenance menu, activate the ‘Nozzle Check Pattern’. Verify all colors are printing properly. No visible streaking or fade should be present in the printed pattern.
If you have reached this point of the troubleshooting and you still have the error message, the orinter will need to be serviced or replace.
Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thank you!
I'm sorry to hear that. I will alert Customer Service that you would like a refund. Please contact Customer Service at***@******.*** if you would like to follow up with them. Have a great day!
Hi there and welcome
Can you attempt the following please
Tell me if it now functions please
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.