John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My computer cannot see my printer, have connected different

Customer Question

My computer cannot see my printer, have connected different network cables and tried different computers put it still cannot see it. the printer is a Xerox 260 with Fiery Rip on back, was working fine up until Friday then just stopped. I have reinstalled all software on computer including drivers and Fiery command work station.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Xerox is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its about 10 years old the model is Docucolour 260 with Fiery rip on back
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just powered the printer up and it did not talk to the computers, it works fine as a coppier
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think we can get the Xerox printing working again. It will take some attention to details though.

First: is the printer a networked printer? if so, is it networked by a network cable, or by wireless connection?

Second: have you had any changes in your network lately? swapped out a hub, modem, or router box ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Russell for responding.
I have found the problem, my printer had lost its IP address at the fiery have now got it up and running
Thank you
Joe

That's rather what I suspected it was, an addressing problem. Good to hear that, Joe.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.