John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I need to print an 11x14 image on 11x17 paper, Is there a

Customer Question

I need to print an 11x14 image on 11x17 paper, Is there a way for me to do that? I get a paper-width error message.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Canon Pro9000, and it's several years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, OS X 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't tried to print on this size paper before. I loaded the paper into the front tray, it processed through the printer, and then I got the double flashing light and the error message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's my only problem!
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does the program you are printing from have a Print Preview function (under

menu, usually...) ? if so, look at the printout, and make sure you aren't printing it 'sideways' across two pages.

Let me know what you find out - I have more advice for you regardless of whether you get that result or not. Thanks.