I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Can you please confirm that the computer you are having issue with has OS X version 10.11.6 (El Capitan)? (Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac to check.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,
Thank you. Are you currently able to print from the computer fine?
- If you also have issue with printing, please let me know.
- For fixing the scanning issue, please click on the Epson website below:
, then open the download file epson15958.dmg
, once installation is finished, click on Finder, then click on Application, then open folder Epson Software, then open EPSON Scan application
, then see if you can scan with the EPSON Scan application.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
- Another method: Download and install the file epson17516.dmg at the Epson website below:
, once installation is is finished, then , click on Finder, then click on Application, then open the Image Capture application and see if you can scan with the Image Capture application.
- Note: To find any download file, you can click on Finder, then click on Downloads, then check there (scroll down / up as needed.)
- Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step. Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the scanning issue directly on your computer for you.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,
I'm sorry. Can you please click on Finder, then click on Application, then open folder Epson Software, then open EPSON Scan Settings application, then check / test the scanner there?
Does it show the correct printer model there?
And does Local option selected there?
Please let me know. Thank you,
Sorry, please try the following:
Please let me know. Thank you.
Please download and install the file epson17516.dmg at the Epson website below:
- If it still does not work, do you have Wi-Fi/wireless at home?
Thank you. Please try:
- On printer, select Setup option, then option Network settings -> Wireless LAN setup -> Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.
- Once STEP 1 is successful, then open Finder -> Applications -> Epson Software -> Epson Scan settings, then select Network option, then click on Add, then it should detect the IP address number, then select it and add it
, then open EPSON Scan application to see if you can scan.
Can you please try again, then select Yes for TWAIN? Thank you,
Sorry, do you mean in Finder -> Applications -> Epson Software -> Epson Scan settings, with Network option, you were able to detect the scanner, and add it, but both the Epson Scan and the Image Capture application still cannot scan?
Tomorrow, please restart the computer and check.
We can continue tomorrow, or whenever you are available. We can schedule another time. We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you for your patience,
You're welcome. OK. Thank you,
Please see if scanning works after restarting the computer.
- If needed, make sure printer is powered on, then in System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners, click on the + (plus) button at bottom left to see if it detects the scanner item; if yes, then select it and add it, then check application Epson Scan and/or Image Capture.
You're welcome. OK, please take your time. Thank you,
Sorry, our system sends out reminders automatically everyday; you can ignore it until you are ready to continue. Thank you,