John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When trying to print a portrait from my E-mail, the printer

Customer Question

When trying to print a portrait from my E-mail, the printer sometimes does nothing and sometimes says out of paper.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MG 3520. Between two and years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Not sure. I'm illiterate.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About a week. Before then I was able to print invoices and confirmations with any problems.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that when I'm sure there is paper installed properly, paper will not feed from computer but will feed manually and printed copy has blurry line on the middle right hand side of copy.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning! my name is***** see that you have been waiting quite a while for an answer. I am sorry about that. I will do my best to help you with this problem. There could be a couple of different causes of this problem. If you are printing a small photo, it can be more difficult for the printer to pick it up. It is important to make sure that the photo paper is inserted correctly, and that you have selected the correct size in the printer dialog box. if you're sure that everything is correct and you continue to have problems, it is likely that your Paper Feed Rollers may need cleaning. I can provide detailed instructions for using the printer utility on your computer to run the roller cleaning utility once I know what operating system you have. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X"