John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Error 300 printer and computer do not communicate. What is

Customer Question

Error 300 printer and computer do not communicate. What is the charge for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Printer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Okay
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma 7520 about 1 1/2 years old. It has been doing this error for about one week. I removed the printer from my list (in system preferences) and now I cannot put it back in - says it cannot communicate with the printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac IOS X Yosemite
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue for at least one week sporadically - today nothing happened or it printed only a portion of the document. I was printing from Preview. It is a wireless connection.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We did have a 30 minute power outage - the power flickered four times and then went off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Can you recheck that error for me, ,it is usually a 4 digit code like B200, 5C00, 6000, etc.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.