Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

My keyboard on my printer is frozen unable to navigate to

Customer Question

my keyboard on my printer is frozen unable to navigate to manually print a document. I can print from the computer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: purchased 2014 laserjet pro mfp m127 fw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc window 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happened. had new modem installed by Bright house. Initially the printer would not print from the computer so I installed a pass code they gave
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this fixed the problem of printing from the computer, however, I could not manually print causing unable to navigate and being frozen.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you tried turning the printer Off for at least 20 minutes? it might be a transient problem owing to a brief power fluctuation or spike... or a static discharge, esp. if you're wearing woolen clothes. If so, turning it Off for 20 minutes should cure the problem.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is not about a credit of the $23.00 and doing the $39.00? I'm an senior 82 years old do not know
computers and on limited income.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Russell....are you there?

Still here... I'm not sure what pricing you are referencing and I have no power over pricing. Please clarify what you mean, though I have a guess that you were offered extra services by the system (not by me) at a higher price?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They charged $23.00 for your answer which did not work and I requested a refund. Better to do a remote
as a guarantee fix and be satisfied. I would have opt for this immediately.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will someone be contacting me for the remote assistance?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there My name is***** will be happy to do remote assistance for you in place of the phone call, and at the same price (in other words no additional charge beyond what you've already paid). It is quite likely that there is a firmware update available for your printer, which I can apply remotely. However, before we can do that, the printer will need to be responsive. Please unplug the printer and wait for 10-15 minutes, then plug it back in. Let me know when you've done that and I will provide instructions for getting us connected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK....i just disconnected/unpluged the printer 1:38 pm. I will wait the 10-15 minutes as requested until 2:00 pm central time.
to do a remote fix.
Let me know what I need to do?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry but it appears that you have not been charged for either a phone call or Secure Remote Assistance. If you were it has been refunded and I am unable to send a new offer. Perhaps simply resetting the printer by unplugging it for the 10-15 minutes minutes and then powering back on will solve the problem.

If it does, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my time. If it doesn't do the trick, with a good rating I will agree to connect remotely and try to apply a firmware update.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK.. still not working, have plugged in the printer need to a remote assistance...2:07 pm central time.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry. If it is still not responsive, I probably won't be able to connect to it through your computer. I will opt out and open this up to other experts in the hopes that someone else has ideas. You'll be notified as soon as another expert begins to work on the question.

This is Russell H. again.

Would you like me to give you further advice as to what to do about the printer problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
let's do a secure remote assistance.....nothing else works.

Begging your pardon, please: The printer is what is frozen up, isn't it?

If so, remote assistance won't help with it. I cannot connect to the printer, you know. And we've tried a reset already without result.

What sort of help are you looking for at this point, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will try HP not know what else to do.

OK. That sounds like a good enough way to proceed.

If it turns out that your printer - e.g. owing to lack of a surge protector on its power source - has been damaged or is 'broken' and you want to get rid of it, there are some good options for disposing of a printer made by HP - either by getting a cash credit by turning it in, or otherwise - here:

Thank you for asking your question here at