John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Printer does not print documents all pages come out empty. I

Customer Question

printer does not print documents all pages come out empty. I have checked connections and I have ink.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. In order to best help, I'll need to ask a few questions. What is the brand and model of your printer? Also, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

This is a common problem with ink jet printer that are not used frequently. The ink that is left in the nozzles can dry up and clog the nozzles. Once i know what brand and model it is and waht OPS you have I can provide detailed instructions for cleaning the ink jet nozzles.

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lexmark S605 MAC 10.8.4 version
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. Using the printer control panel, from the home screen,please navigate to: > More Options > Clean Printhead. Allow this to run and complete. A page will print when cleaning is finished. Ideally it will show all black and all colors with no missing lines or gaps in the printout. If the page does nto look satisfactory after the initial cleaning, please select More Options > Clean Printhead> Deep Clean. Let me know the results, please.