Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My MX7520 hasn't been used in a while but I just tried to

Customer Question

My MX7520 hasn't been used in a while but I just tried to use and although the power is lit in white there is an orange triangle with a lightning bolt lit. I need to change/update the wifi but there isn't anything on the screen
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

what operating system you have on the computer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.

in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

Follow the same process to install a new printer driver from the manufactures website i will attach the link below.

Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There isn't a - sign when I click thru printers & scanners.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

do you see any printer listed in there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It say "idle, last used" but when I hold option and click - it asks to delete, not reset
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

click on the printer and then select the" - "minus sign it will remove the printer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there isn't a printer there and i am clicking to install but still not showing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand that but you just asked me to delete the printer that was there and now there isn't anything that shows up to add.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

click on link above and then download and install the printer software

once installed it will add the printer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i received the confirmation successfully installed with the links but there isn't anything popping when relaunching via apple/system pref....It's asking for an IP address for the printer but how do i find that?
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

print a test page from the printer control panel you will get the ip address.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think we are clearly very disconnected. I cannot print. There is no connection to the printer. The screen is blank. There is an orange triangle with a lightning bolt lit on the printer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

remove ink and turn off printer

unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 mins

plug in power cord and turn on

insert ink back in

let me know if the orange light flashes or comes to steady green

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't remove the ink. The place where you put it in is now all the way to the right hidden by the cover and i can't move it as i'm afraid to break it
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.

i am sorry but i am out of ideas and will opt out and open the question to my fellow experts

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I have reviewed the work that Michelle has done and will endeavor to supplement it by contributing my knowledge, skills, and abilities. Let's begin by addressing your last concern, which was that you could not access the ink carriage to remove the ink cartridges and reseat them.

If you disconnect the power cable, you will be able to center the carriage by applying a gentle manual force to the left. Since the carriage transport mechanism is disabled by disconnecting the power, you will not be fighting against it, and there is no danger of breaking your carriage mechanism. After you have removed the ink cartridges and reinserted them, reconnect the power cable and turn the printer on. Please let me know if this resolves the problem.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS ADVISE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, unfortunately this did not work. Ink is still inaccessible and despite disconnecting and then reconnecting
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

you have to move the carriage manually after you remove the power. There should be some resistance, but the carriage should be moveable.