John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Cant print actual size photo on Canon printer

Customer Question

cant print actual size photo on Canon printer
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the actual size of the photo in question, and what size of paper stock are you trying to print upon in your MX922 printer?

And, I have to ask also, What happens when you try to print, as things are now, please?

Let me know by the Reply To Expert function, and I will advise you as to what to do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The photo is online. It is a CD cover image that must fit to a CD case.
When it prints up, the image is smaller than CD size.
On previous printers there was a dialog box that offered me to print the image at actual size instead of at the default smaller size.
There is no such prompt on the Canon's printer dialogue box.

You will need to look (in your program, that you are printing from - what is it, please? - ) for a

Print Preview

option, under the

menu ... there is usually a 'magnification' or similar option there. And it will represent what size you're likely to get from printing with the current settings.

Did you install the printer's drivers from a download, or from a CD/DVD disc for the current MX922 printer?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I installed it from a disc.
The program is Pristine Audio. All I get is a .pdf file with the images on it.
There is no file menu.

You might want to print it from a PDF Reader application.

The best of those for printing from has good printing controls, and is called FoxIt Reader. If you'd like to try that application, let me know what computer (Windows version) you have on your computer, and I will give you URL address and directions etc.