GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I have new 8610 all in one printer and the machines eats the

Customer Question

I have new 8610 all in one printer and the machines eats the papers on fax and copy when fed through the top slot. As a lawyer this is extremely frustrating and time consuming.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Is it the automatic document feeder that is tearing the paper?

If so, please follow the steps here to try to remedy the problem. If it is not a problem with the ADF as depicted in the illustrations there, please let me know.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

If it is indeed a problem with the ADF, please follow the steps listed at the link that I provided and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.