John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Jet 6700 suddenly started memo Ink System Failure I had just

Customer Question

jet 6700 suddenly started memo Ink System Failure I had just ptinted 2 pages w/no problem & next two pages I get this message & no print.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Officejet 6700 HP8641C1
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC HPW2371d Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happened. I had just printed 2 pages with no problem, then I got this message when I requested next 2 pages to print
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other problems that I know of
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 28 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Let's try the simplest possible fixes first.

In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 28 days ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, please take a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer.

If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. There are several other things we can try.