John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My mfc-9340CDW failed two weeks back. I called your office,

Customer Question

My mfc-9340CDW failed two weeks back. I called your office, and received a very clear reply, enabling me to fix the machine (hidden jammed paper was the problem) and it ran afterwards for some days with no problem.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My MFC-9340CDW failed two weeks ago. i called your office and with their good help diagnosed paper jam and fixed it. Now it has failed again - no visible paper jam, and strange messages on the machine. Help!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Computer PC. Operating system - no idea - I'm a fully paid up amateur.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About ten days. Nothing happened that I am aware of. The printer is well cared for and in a good, safe space.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I am surprised that it happened so soon after your earlier expert guided me to fix the earlier problem.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what the message is you are receiving on the printer now for an error?

Thank you

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No error message now. But when it starts printing it either prints only a few lines or stops. But here's the further problem -
Right now,I told it to print this message, and it has done so perfectly. Problem is this intermittent and uncertain capability.
Printer has been working perfectly for two years since purchase.
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

ok, to be sure, have you changed the ink cartridges?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

ok, I want you to change these please as a faulty cartridge can also cause this error, so remove this then monitor how it performs

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I'm having a problem with cartridge availability. Will try the change asap, and contact you again if it doesn't work.Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

I'll mark the question to remain open so any issues, let me know and please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you