GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Getting an Error message of 03130031-2f49 turned off a

Customer Question

getting an Error message of 03130031-2f49 turned off a couple of times once i send a job i get the same message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: canon ipf8300
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started today worked fine yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the printer says ready until the file is sent then the error
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. This issue is usually related to the ink system. May I ask have you had any warnings about low ink?

If so, please replace any ink cartridges that are low. If none are low on ink, please remove each cartridge, one at a time. and then re-seat each one firmly into position. If you still have the error message after doing this, next, let's unplug the printer from power, wait a full 10 minutes, then plug the printer back up, and restart the computer.

In case after re-plug the device will show again the error message regarding the magenta ink tank, please be advised that you might either test the device with a new magenta ink tank in order to find out if the device or the ink tank is the faulty one, either contact one of our service centers for further examination of your device. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please click on the link below to visit the Canon UK website where you can find details of your local Authorised Service Facility as well as other important information needed to send your Canon product for repair:

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.