John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Well I have a Docuprint CM 215 FW that will scan but not

Customer Question

Hi there. Well I have a Docuprint CM 215 FW that will scan but not print. I have cleaned everything including the sensors many times but the same message keeps appearing . The Fuji agent in cairns here will have nothing to do with this printer even though they are the cairns rep. What gives?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Okay It's a Docuprint CM 215 fw built in Sept 2014 purchased in December 2014 . Product code TL 300802. Is that enough?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on HP 20 ALL IN ONE. and the other computer it pt prints from is Windows 7 and is a Toshiba laptop.. These have been working fine until recently.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It decide to stop printing about 2 months ago and keeps quoting error code(###) ###-####which I followed up on.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only thing that has changed is the use of two non genuine toner cartridges. I did change to non genuine mode on the printer. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me whether your Docuprint machine has the ability to make photocopies still despite the error message, first of all ?

Second, do you know why the Fuji agent in Cairns would not have anything to do with the case?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No.It can not make copies.Fuji Xerox say that this model is built for Officeworks which is a large retailer and they don't service this model.Doesn't make sense to me either.I have not taken them to task over it yet.But it sounds like I will.I was given a Fuji Xerox hotline.They were as good as useless.Told me that had I had taken the extended warranty, the machine would have been replaced but all they could manage was the number of a printer company which had a few parts.I rang them.Parts were limited but of course I don't know what's wrong with it to get what parts may be necessary

That's very disappointing! I'm surprised that you're patient and reasonable about it.

As for the error code: it's not listed in any source that's easy for me to find, and I will have to continue to research it a bit. In the meantime, can you tell me whether the controls are responding, on this Fuji machine, at all? or does the screen / controls seem 'frozen' ?

Do the controls seem 'frozen', unresponsive?

And, where is the error code displayed, and what else is on the screen?

And, does the Refresh button do anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Russell,
Good morning from Cairns, Queensland , Australia.
The small screen on the printer begins with :
Code:(###) ###-####Restart printer
If message returns
contact support
The control panel with ascociated buttons will not operate any functions. An instruction from the computers will operate the scan function. So all frozen.
Before it died the print quality became very poor. I had changed to some non-genuine cartridges for the first time.
Occasionally the screen upon first start up whilst having been switched off for a while will begin to calibrate and the screen announces this just before it shoots up the message as written above.
The refresh button does nothing
Expert:  Russell H. replied 30 days ago.

That explains why I could not find the error sooner... the error is really 092-651.

I will research that error now and get back to you with results.

At last, here's a positive indication what that is about, rather than just a 'contact support, it is serious' sort of documentation:

CTD Sensor Error Message CTD (ADC) Sensor Error is Detected

One person reporting this error (and that Fuji Xerox's remedies failed to help) reported abundant waste toner or loose toner or leaked toner powder in the bottom of the machine.

I advise checking for that. And doing a thorough cleaning-out of the machine, following these instructions scrupulously, also... esp. being careful to clean, but not damage, the CTD Sensor:

It is usual, with all laser printer problems, to Open, Inspect, Clean (carefully), Close Up, and Try Again.

Open: Unplug the machine for safety. Get access to the internal workings, esp. those of the problem area. Remove cartridge(s) if necessary.

Inspect: look for anything wrong or odd in the problem area. Spilled toner? bent or broken parts? stuck sensor switch? tabs or tape not removed from toner cartridge(s)?

Clean (carefully): Take a dry white or light colored high-quality lint-free rag cloth, and wipe firmly all possible plastic or especially metal surfaces that could have toner/paper dust/fluff/anything on them. Carefully, to avoid touching, spraying, moistening, abrading, or exposing to direct light for longer than 1 minute out of 15 or more, the shiny, usually blue-green (but sometimes red-purple) photosensitive 'drum' or roller, which is easily damaged.

Note: This is Xerox's recommendation with illustrations, as to cleaning the CTD sensors:

Close up: put everything back in, close covers, etc.

Try again: plug in, turn on.

- Let me know what you observe or find out. There may be more to do for the problem.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hiya Russell, it's a beautiful day here in North Queensland. A great day to sort printers. I have completed all the suggestions. I have been down this path myself but I tried it all again including the internet suggestions. Got real serious and took it up to the shed! Everything remains the same. The one good thing was that I inserted the cartridges one at a time and it recognised on the screen each one as they were inserted and the display read the levels of ink and showed such. Do you think the non-genuine cartridges may have caused the problem? I thought that only the print quality suffers with these cartridges.
Best to you,
Expert:  Russell H. replied 29 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

Non-genuine cartridges can cause various problems, perhaps it's safe to say, and not just with print quality.

In case another Expert here might have more to suggest for this case, I have Opted Out, opening the case to others in this category.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hiya Russell,
Okay thanks for your help. It good to know I'm not mad!
Best toy you,