Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

Epson Pro 8900 error message stops printing I have the above

Customer Question

Epson Pro 8900 error message stops printing
I have the above printer and am trying to print from photoshop on a Mac.
I get error on the printer display
"Black ink does not match"I cannot find this on Epson site so wondered if anyone had come across this and a solution.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm afraid I am not at the printer as it is at work.A colleague tried this earlier and it still seems to come up with the same error when we try to print again..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It takes ages to reset - as usual. Then the print queue seems to kick in, then after a short while this message appears. It is frustrating as I cannot find this message on the web.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, if they did the instructions exactly as I listed.

Then have them replace the black cartridge and tell me if it then works

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok - I will get them to try tomorrow but unfortunately I have a meeting tonight and will not be able to contact him tomorrow until the afternoon. I will see what I can do.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I will mark this question to remain open so if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you