Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just got a new Dell computer. I can't find any info on how

Customer Question

I just got a new Dell computer . I can't find any info on how to get my printer and computer to communicate.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Cannon Pixma MX452 It's about 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC OS ??? I know NOTHING. I have Microsoft..Does that help?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What do you mean? My old computer worked fine with the printer. I bought this one and I don't have any idea how to get them to talk to each other. Don't you need a CD from the printer to install it in the computer?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah. To say I,m a novice is understating it. You,ll need patience.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

T he version of microsoft windows you have is important.. But most likely, if its a brand new dell you have windows 10.

So. lets try downloading and installing the software for your Canon Pixma.. Go to this link

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx452?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

on that page, under your printers picture in the download and driver section, click the drivers tab

Then, click select to the right of the "Mx 450 series mp driver"

It will then let you download the mx 460 driver.. Once downloaded, open and run that file.. This will guide you through connecting and installing the printer and you should be good to go.

If you get stuck or run into any issues at any point please reply here so I can assist you further.. Otherwise, if all goes well and you are able to print please remember to return here and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you.

Thank you,

Dustin S