John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon MX920 series printer is offline and I cannot figure

Customer Question

My Canon MX920 series printer is offline and I cannot figure how to fix it. We had a power outage last night and I have had this problem every since. Please help!
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never has. It is about 2 years or less I think.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows. I do not know the OS.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I cannot get it to go online.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Power went out last night. Trying to print envelopes using mail merge in Word 2013 now. Did it last week with no problems now I continue to see that printer is offline.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just got a new router, but have had no problems and have printed since then
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.Does the printer have power to it? Is it on?