John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a WF-3620, and it will stop in the middle of a print

Customer Question

I have a WF-3620, and it will stop in the middle of a print job with an error message - 97
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and I use Windows XP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About a week. I turn the power off as instructed and final after about 4 or 5 tries it will print again. Now it won't even make a copy.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 29 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 29 days ago.

This error is normally indicative of a logic board failure in the printer.. But, there are sometimes steps we can do to fix the issue.

I just want you to know up front that its possible we need to replace a part. With that being said, lets try a few tests.

Forgetting your computer.. If you place a document on the scanner glass and then follow this guide to make a copy from the printer, not using the computer.

Do you still get the same error code, or a new one? Or does it copy and print without issue?