Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Says replace toner after replacing with new unit still has

Customer Question

says replace toner after replacing with new unit still has same message turned off and on and unplugged still same message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Brothers HL 2280 DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc but trying to make copies only now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happen about 30 minutes ago
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what can I do to get it working please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To isolate and fix this issue.. We need to run through this page methodically, step by step.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&faqid=faq00002517_003

Most likely, steps 5 and six to clean the corona wire and update the firmware will have the most effect and these steps will probably be the ones that fix the issue.. However, lets not skip any steps. Please start from the top and go through each suggestion carefully.

If you get stuck, or have any questions at all please dont hesitate to respond as I strive to provide 5 star / excellent service. So im at your disposal if you need further help, get stuck, or if these steps dont work.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.