crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a HP Deskjet 1050 5410. I recently tried to replace

Customer Question

I have a HP Deskjet 1050 5410. I recently tried to replace the black inkjet cartridge (HP 61XL) but can not get it to print. There is a red light flashing at the bottom of the left corner where there seems to be icons that look like printer cartridges. The one to the right, which I take to be the black inkjet cartridge, as it is the one in place on the right hand side in the pirnter, has a flashing red light.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I tried removing the printer and adding it back but that did not work There is one document in the cue that I sent for printing but it did not print. Also, I can not scan a document with this cartridg either. When I put the empty cartridge back in it scans but is blank except for a few dots. It dioes go through however. I assume it is pretty blank because....no ink.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Can youhelp me out?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just happened the last time I scanned some pages from a book. It was last Saturday.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

Please remove the new black ink cartridge from the printer and make sure there isn't any tape over the bottom where the ink comes out of. If there is tape over it, please remove it and put the cartridge back into the printer. If there isn't please let me know but this is the most common cause of this issue.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.