crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Morning. How can I fax from HP Office Jet 4655, It's 8

Customer Question

Morning. How can I fax from HP Office Jet 4655
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 8 months old and it's an Office Jet 4655
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Never tried to fax anything before
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thank you, no.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

To send a standard fax from the printer control panel

1. Load the original print side up into the document feeder, or load the original print side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass.

2. From the printer control panel display, touch Fax . ENWW Send a fax 27

3. Touch Send Now.

4. Touch Enter Fax Number or touch ( Phone Book ).

5. Enter the fax number using the screen keypad that appears or select a phone book contact or previously dialed or received number. TIP: To add a pause in the fax number you are entering, touch * repeatedly, until a dash (-) appears on the display.

6. Touch Black or Color . TIP: If the recipient reports issues with the quality of the fax, try changing the resolution or contrast of your fax. Send a standard fax from the computer You can fax a document directly from your computer without printing it first. To use this feature, make sure you have installed the HP printer software on your computer, the printer is connected to a working telephone line, and the fax function is set up and functioning correctly.

To send a standard fax from the computer (Windows)

1. Open the document on your computer that you want to fax.

2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.

3. From the Name list, select the printer that has “fax” in the name.

4. To change settings (such as selecting to send the document as a black fax or a color fax), click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

5. After you have changed any settings, click OK.

6. Click Print or OK.

7. Enter the fax number and other information for the recipient, change any further settings for the fax, and then click Send Fax. The printer begins dialing the fax number and faxing the document.

To send a standard fax from the computer (OS X)

2. From the File menu in your software, click Print.

3. Select the printer that has “(Fax)” in the name.

4. Enter a fax number or a name from your Contacts that already has a fax number entry.

5. When you have finished filling out the fax information, click Fax

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.