John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a MG5460 printer. For some reason it just stopped

Customer Question

I have a MG5460 printer.
For some reason it just stopped actually printing text etc.
It has full ink cartridges, paper and goes through the motions of printing BUT paper is blank when spit out.
Can you please advise how I fix this or is it stuffed???????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, It seems the contacts on the print head are damaged and you need to replace the print head to resolve the issue, but before that you can follow the steps below to remove the print head and then cleaning the copper contacts on them with a cotton swab dampened in distilled water until they are clean, after drying them reseat the print head and check the issue :

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently
  2. Lift the printer cover)completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)
  3. Remove all the Ink Tanks (Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lever)
  4. Raise the print head lock lever.
  5. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
  6. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
  7. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
  8. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
  9. Close the inner cover unit (printer cover).

Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help ?

Thank you