John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Our printer will not print from email or a site online. The

Customer Question

Our printer will not print from email or a site online. The WiFi is on. The ink levels are okay. It printed a test sheet.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC-J875DW 3-5 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just tried to print a class certificate Sept. 16. It has been awhile before that since we used the printer for more than copying. Oops I forgot our daughter may have recently printed from internet. Since she did not complain, it must have been working.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am mostly clueless about these things. I have read the trouble shooting section in user's guide, but I do not understand it very well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy on the printer (not printing from the computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Is the printer connected to the computer with a printer USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,