Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a envy 5530 printer and have been forced due to hard

Customer Question

I have a envy 5530 printer and have been forced due to hard disc problem to buy a new computer. Its an Acer which is the new technology solid drive and touch screen but does not have a CD drive. How can I download the HP icon that allows me to scan and carry out other functions from my new computer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The moidel is HP Envy 5530 ansd is about 18 months old I think
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Its a PC with windows 10 which is all you can get now with a new computer
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not needed to scan a document in the past week I have owned this new computer and previously with the app downloaded(and now not recoverable from my old computer) I could scan etc from the computer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only how do I down load the app that controls the printer, warns me to low levels of ink etc
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

You wont need a CD drive.. We can download and install all the software and drivers for that printer, from this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882

Download and install the full; featured software and driver from that page first6.

Once you open and install that, it will install the printer and then all the software and icons for it.. Once complete, you should be able to print.

if you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.