Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I changed the in the middle of printing and this code came

Customer Question

I changed the in the middle of printing and this code came up. Help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when you say " You changed in the middle of printing"; what did you change specifically ? Please be detailed and clear, thank you!

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Changed an ink cartridge.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Thank you..

Lets try this

Open the printer and remove all ink tanks.. Then, shut down the printer.. Then unplug the printer from power.

Then, plug the printer back in, t urn it on.. And then install the ink tanks one at a time.. After installing the ink tanks..

On the printer itself, does it still give you an error?

If so, what exactly does it say word for word?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now it shows "Scanner error. Turn the printer off and on again. If the error is not fixed, visit Epson.com for technical support. error Code:OxF1"
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Allright, lets try a firmware update to try and fix that issue.

Download, open and install the firmware update from this page.

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=209706%20&infoType=Downloads

Once fully installed, turn the printer off, and then back on.. Does it still give an error?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still shows error.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Apparently I wasn't finished. Now completing. Sorry.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still shows error after installation complete.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

No worries.. And thank you for getting back to me.. I just returned from dinner..

Was the firmware update able to finish? If so, whats our status after we turned the machine off and then back on again?

Which error specifically, does it show?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
First showed Printer error then changed to Scanner error.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also said to clear paper jam but there is none.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

And this all started in the middle of a printing job, when you changed the ink tanks?

Lets open the machine, remove all the ink tanks again.. And now, I want you to inspect carefully where the ink tanks were.

Also, around the printhead, and especially under the printhead look for any paper or debris.. Maybe a plastic cap or tape from the ink cartridges.

Be thorough.. It could even be a wire or cable that is stuck on the printhead or in the path of the printhead..

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Went and got a flashlight but saw nothing.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Running low on options without having eyes on the issue.

Question, how long ago did you purchase this printer and from where?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2 or 3 years, maybe 4 from the then OfficeMax, now Office Depot.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have to leave to go to church.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Understood.

I hate to be the one to say this but, you may be best served by getting a slightly newer model, that uses the same ink so you can continue using the ink you purchased.. This model for instance is priced fairly and can use the same ink

http://amzn.to/2df3tXA

Other then that, Im not sure what further help I can provide without having my hands on the machine itself.

Dustin S