John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Lexmark printer # X2600 - I have two Lexmark printers. On

Customer Question

Lexmark printer # X2600 - I have two Lexmark printers. On the X2600 the paper does not feed evenly. It seems to grab on the right hand side coming through. I think that it might be a gear that is not working correctly. Can the printer be opened up so that the gears can be checked?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you, sorry you are having issues....Sure any thing i including a printer can be opend, let me see how hard this guy is to work on.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

This guy is going to be a pain to open, and it's a rather low cost printer, it would definitely be better to replace it than repair it...

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

The parts alone would probably be about 25% the cost of the machine, if one could fine them....I'm not seeing any off the top

Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Dori, are you here?