VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

MG6220 the cyan does not print. Have run all the

Customer Question

MG6220 the cyan does not print. Have run all the cleaning/deep cleaning and test pattern functions. Used several new 226C ink cartridges. Reinstalled software incase a downloadable driver exists in the MG6200 which could have been corrupted. Suspect a bad print head or damaged flexible cable.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MG6220 with 226 colors and 225 black. It was been working fine for over 20,000 copies. Was working earlier today. Just started ti not include cyan in the color mix of pages being printed.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It does it from computer printing and direct copying. The internal maintenance functions also print no cyan in the test patterns.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: In mid morning. It was printing correctly. No strange noises, no changes of ink tanks, just stopped printing cyan.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really. I've been working on computers and equipment of all types since the 1970's and designing computer controlled devices of all types.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

I wanted to know a few things to better ascertain the issue with the printer.

Age of the Printer? When did the issue start? What else have you done so far? This is to avoid duplicate efforts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Purchased new in undamaged box about 6 months ago. I answered all those questions a few minutes ago.

Ok. Can you remove the Printhead from the Printer?