crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

The error light comes on and it won't work. It said the

Customer Question

The error light comes on and it won't work. It said the cover is open but it isn't. The toner is quite new. Thanks!!! I really need to use it for work!
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It's about three years old I think; it's a Brother HL22700W
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: a MAC. The OS is OSX version 10.8.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started yesterday. It was in the middle of printing 15 pages when it stopped at nearly the last one and the error light went on and wouldn't stop. I thought it was low paper or a paper jam, but could find nothing like that and now after turning everything off and back on again….still can't be used.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it!
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

Power on the printer

Open all of the lids on your printer then close all of them.

Unplug your printer from the wall outlet and wait 5 minutes. Plug the printer back in and power on the printer.

Check to see if you still have the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.