John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Hp vista computer. the monior switch button stop

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** have a Hp vista computer. the monior switch button stop working and key board stop working as well. So my husband purchase a hp keyboard from goodwill - it works. I purchase a hp monitor from on line (monitor 20od). It work, but I do not have any audio sounds. Is there a cable cord I need to obtain to have external sounds.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have external speakers, you can hook them up to the sound output, or earphone output jack, on your computer's sound card.

Usually external speakers have their own cord(s).

(If your new monitor from online has speakers built-in to it, let me know its maker and model #, and I will find you a source for a cable that you can use to get those speakers working.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.