Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Hp photosmart D110 prints blank pages ink is ok

Customer Question

hp photosmart D110 prints blank pages ink is ok
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Can you tell me, what troubleshooting steps, you have already tried so that I can skip those steps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all that are listed in trbleshooting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
or(###) ###-####
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I cannot accept the offer, as the payment failed. Please let me know,what troubleshooting steps, you have already tried so that I can skip those steps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why can't you connect?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

As your payment seems to be failing . Please contact the customer care for the payment issue, in the mean time, let me know, if you have tried any type of cleaning ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is your phone #?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

The prior expert has opted out.

I can help you here, or by phone. Accept the phone offer if you prefer, or let me know if you'd rather chat.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nobody has answered my question yet
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

As I noted above, I can help you here or by phone. You asked for a phone call, which is why I sent the offer for that service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what was the $39.00 for? nobody answered my question--now $26.00 more?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

The CALL is an additional fee, yes.

Your initial fee to the site covers the chat. I was simply asking if you preferred to continue here, because you have requested a call.

All you need to do is say you want to continue here if that is your preference.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

How about this, give me just a moment to finish a detailed reply and I'll give you the answers here and if you need more help after that we can call.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
calls & chats are billed separately?--
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Yes, they are. You paid for the initial chat only. If you want a call that is additional.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Virginia?